TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Random Chat > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introduction Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Tom Colohue View Drop Down
OVW
OVW


Joined: 24/November/2017
Location: Blackpool, Eng
Status: Offline
Points: 98
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Colohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction Thread
    Posted: 24/November/2017 at 19:38
Evening all.

Andrew grabbed me on Twitter and messaged me so here I am; looking around to see if there's anything that I have an insight into.

I was on another forum previously and after several months of being called an idiot because I thought Natalya would become champion at Summerslam et cetera I got bored and left them to it. I'm hoping this place is more welcoming and a bit less "...but she's not even hot."

Seems so already to be fair. So hi, I'm new and I should hopefully be around for a bit.

For more instant stuff, follow @Colohue on Twitter and by all means read my weekly Reignsometer or my Winner Leaves Town series on PWTorch. 

Greetings and salutations,

Tom Colohue
Tom Colohue - Wrestling Journalist (PWTorch)
Back to Top
Baz View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar

Joined: 16/October/2011
Location: South Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 10482
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 19:58
Hello and welcome to the forum.

We don't really have the younger generation here so you won't get any arguments based on hotness from us...Andrew aka Adders does, or used to do a weekly fit list for that kind of school boy stuff haha.

We traditionally do three questions for new guys so here's my trio.....

Are you an old skool kind of guy or a modern day kinda guy?

Should John Cena be appreciated more?

Do you attend any local shows given you live not to far from a hotbed of wrestling?

Back to Top
LennyComa View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 01/August/2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 4565
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LennyComa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 20:02
Howdy my three questions

1. All time favourite wrestler?

2. All time favourite match?

3. Who do you think is underappreciated and who is over rated?

No doubt Rico will give you 3 difficult to answer questions later
Lonely in this white room, There are Pads Everywhere. Chaffing Straight Jacket, Won't Die in Here.

Thank YouThe Love Song Writer for the Sig
Back to Top
Tom Colohue View Drop Down
OVW
OVW


Joined: 24/November/2017
Location: Blackpool, Eng
Status: Offline
Points: 98
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Colohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 20:12
Originally posted by Baz Baz wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

We don't really have the younger generation here so you won't get any arguments based on hotness from us...Andrew aka Adders does, or used to do a weekly fit list for that kind of school boy stuff haha.

We traditionally do three questions for new guys so here's my trio.....

Are you an old skool kind of guy or a modern day kinda guy?

Should John Cena be appreciated more?

Do you attend any local shows given you live not to far from a hotbed of wrestling?

Good system, that.

The first PPV I watched was Summerslam '98, so deep into the Attitude Era. At the time I loved it and would have hated what we have now. Now, looking back, the Attitude Era was severely lacking and I much prefer modern day.

John Cena is appreciated exactly as much as he should be. The people that boo him are doing it to try to put themselves over in my opinion, in the same way that people chant "We are awesome" or cheer a heel turn because they think they know best. He's a great worker and a great talker and he's used just enough to stay relevant.

Local shows, sure. I have Preston City Wrestling around the corner, where I've seen AJ Styles, Matt Hardy, Samoa Joe, RVD et cetera live. We sometimes have shows in Blackpool too so I pop up in a few. 


Originally posted by LennyComa LennyComa wrote:

Howdy my three questions

1. All time favourite wrestler?

2. All time favourite match?

3. Who do you think is underappreciated and who is over rated?

No doubt Rico will give you 3 difficult to answer questions later

Sorry for the double post; not sure if that's a rule to avoid them.

I do like this three questions business.

I've always been a Triple H fan. As mentioned above my first PPV was Summerslam '98, in which Triple H beat The Rock for the IC title in a ladder match. That's the match that stayed with me and I remember being furious that The Rock could lose that match and still be a world champion before my boy trips. The Rock was a great heel and he basically convinced me to get behind Triple H. When Triple H had his big heel turn and became a main eventer I gladly cheered him over The Rock, over Austin, over anybody.

Favourite match is a hard one. I don't want wrestling for the wrestling; I'm a character and drama guy. For that I'd probably end up going towards Punk's run as the guy. There's a few match series' I've loved. Styles/Reigns was awesome. Lesnar/Goldberg at mania was awesome. Hell if I can think of something particular amazing from the Attitude Era beyond the aforementioned ladder match.

Well that last question is loaded, isn't it? I'm on The Miz train right now. I love a good heel and that guy's the best. I also have a lot of respect for Roman but if I had to choose one it would be Bray Wyatt. What use a cult leader without a cult? It's not rocket science.

Overrated I'm even less sure. I'd probably have to go Balor if I'm honest. I haven't seen any of his work in Japan and I don't watch NXT so all I've got is his WWE work. In that regard I have no idea why he's so popular outside of his awesome entrances. His matches are okay but repetitive and I can't buy that finisher beating anyone. First instinct in taking a gut shot is to curl up. Makes no sense.

This is fun; you guys know how to do this introduction business.


Edited by admin - 24/November/2017 at 21:11
Tom Colohue - Wrestling Journalist (PWTorch)
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 45585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 21:16
Welcome to the forum fella. Glad you took up the invite. I go every year to Blackpool, love the place. Locals I talk to don't tend to like it though, but then you're there all year round so it doesn't have the novelty value.

Thank you for asking about double posting. If it's a new day (no pun intended) it's fine. If it's same day just click on 'post options' and 'edit post' Smile Been enjoying your posts so far and if you know other wrestling fans that would fit in here, please do tell them about us Smile

Nobody has asked the important three questions so far so........

1) If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life what would you pick?

2) Which is your favourite pier?

3) Is it too soon for christmas music to be played?


PS: Your answers should be tea, central and yes Smile
Back to Top
Baz View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar

Joined: 16/October/2011
Location: South Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 10482
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 21:27
North Pier is the best...that's the one with the rides right....not  been to Blackpool since I was 7 LOL

Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 45585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 21:53
Originally posted by Baz Baz wrote:

North Pier is the best...that's the one with the rides right....not  been to Blackpool since I was 7 LOL

North is the only one without any rides LOL Or least I think it is Confused

Central Pier is the one with the big wheel and has other stuff like bumper cars and one of those rides you sit like 12 in a row and get spun around clockwise but not upside down. Also has a sidewards bungey which basically swings you off the pier on your tummy so you can pretend you're a bird for a bit LOL

South Pier has a ride similar to Pleasure Beach ride Wild Mouse but shitter. Two seater carriage that takes you around a course quickly.
Back to Top
Tom Colohue View Drop Down
OVW
OVW


Joined: 24/November/2017
Location: Blackpool, Eng
Status: Offline
Points: 98
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Colohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 22:35
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Welcome to the forum fella. Glad you took up the invite. I go every year to Blackpool, love the place. Locals I talk to don't tend to like it though, but then you're there all year round so it doesn't have the novelty value.

Thank you for asking about double posting. If it's a new day (no pun intended) it's fine. If it's same day just click on 'post options' and 'edit post' Smile Been enjoying your posts so far and if you know other wrestling fans that would fit in here, please do tell them about us Smile

Nobody has asked the important three questions so far so........

1) If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life what would you pick?

2) Which is your favourite pier?

3) Is it too soon for christmas music to be played?


PS: Your answers should be tea, central and yes Smile

Dude, I'm functional. If I could only drink one drink it would be water. I was about to go Absinthe but then I realised it wasn't alcoholic. I don't drink tea or coffee.

And St. Anne's Pier is better. Much better scenery and you can rent a boat and go out to sea. The rest are all rides.

Yes, it's too soon. I'll give you that.

Blackpool when you live there is very different from what it's like as a visitor. You see the same lights every week, the Pleasure Beach doesn't change for years and the second you're off the front it basically descends into anarchy. Blackpool is outright dying right now; nobody's got any money. The idea that people will come here for holidays instead of abroad because of Brexit is a laughable one. Blackpool has a massive European population - particularly Polish - that work a lot of our seasonal jobs because nobody else wants them. Take them away and we can't even run the trams.

Weird place; good thing I work online. Where do you guys live?
Tom Colohue - Wrestling Journalist (PWTorch)
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 45585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 23:15
Originally posted by Tom Colohue Tom Colohue wrote:

Dude, I'm functional. If I could only drink one drink it would be water. I was about to go Absinthe but then I realised it wasn't alcoholic. I don't drink tea or coffee.

And St. Anne's Pier is better. Much better scenery and you can rent a boat and go out to sea. The rest are all rides.

Yes, it's too soon. I'll give you that.

Blackpool when you live there is very different from what it's like as a visitor. You see the same lights every week, the Pleasure Beach doesn't change for years and the second you're off the front it basically descends into anarchy. Blackpool is outright dying right now; nobody's got any money. The idea that people will come here for holidays instead of abroad because of Brexit is a laughable one. Blackpool has a massive European population - particularly Polish - that work a lot of our seasonal jobs because nobody else wants them. Take them away and we can't even run the trams.

Weird place; good thing I work online. Where do you guys live?

I'm from Yorkshire so it takes just over an hour to get there. Do you support the local football team? That family have really screwed up badly.

My biggest moan was Toast restaurant being replace by El Torro as it was lovely in there. Can't fault the work gone into improving the place such as the sea defence and all the things on the floor to look at on the promenade. I always go to the air show in August mainly to see the Red Arrows and Red Devils.

The trams are really smart. Got told by a conductor once that they cost 250k each and were made in Germany and transported over here as it was still cheaper than getting them made here to save on transport costs. That says a lot about the manufacturing industry here.

Foxhall housing estate looks very smart too situated behind that little watch shop ran by an old man and Haworth amusements. Can't fault living 5 minutes max walk from Coral Island, Central Pier, Tussards, Sealife etc.
Back to Top
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Avatar
Winner of TW VII & Co-Winner of TW VIII

Joined: 03/January/2012
Location: Newcastle, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 9621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2017 at 23:27
Welcome to the forum

Hopefully you stick around and post regularly
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.059 seconds.