Print Page | Close Window

Wednesday Night Wars

Printed From: TUP Wrestling Forum
Category: Wrestling
Forum Name: General Wrestling Chat And Stories
Forum Description: If the story is about someone not right now with a major company, than put it in here. Also any good general talk as well.
URL: http://www.tupwrestlingforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23187
Printed Date: 28/March/2020 at 21:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Wednesday Night Wars
Posted By: #Heel
Subject: Wednesday Night Wars
Date Posted: 04/October/2019 at 14:47
I thought it would be good to have a thread on the Wednesday Night Wars since things kicked off in hellacious fashion this week.

Yes, we have the individual threads for NXT and AEW but no where to talk about the comparisons, the good and bad of both and also the ratings.

So for me this week goes is a draw.

AEW had a hell of a show but then i watched NXT and i thought there were more holy shit moments. The return of Ciampa, Balore turning up and Cole v Riddle were absolute smash hits for me but then again so was Cody v Sammy, Moxley attacking Omega and Jake Hager arriving in AEW.

What a time this is to be a wrestling fan if this is the standard we can expect from now on.

If i had to edge it to one - id go with NXT because the Cole v Riddle match was so good and the big moments were a bit more spectacular than those of AEW.

I'm happy to call it a draw though - both had solid efforts.


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">



Replies:
Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 04/October/2019 at 16:17
Personally, I know the match was better between Cole vs Riddle and Cody vs Sammy, but I enjoyed Cody vs Sammy more just because of everything outside of the actual match. I liked the commentary better, I liked the presentation better, I liked the crowd better. The match wasn't as good, but it was still good, whereas Cole just doesn't do it for me. Never has, probably never will. He's good, like Gargano, but Gargano doesn't do it for me either. I feel like Cole vs Riddle is overrated. It was good, but not THAT great. I think it just seemed great because of the over-zealous crowd.

Either way, I much preferred Dynamite this week. Perhaps that was only due to extenuating circumstances like it being the debut episode, the fact that I don't care for Cole very much, and that Hulu hacked apart the NXT episode when there wasn't really any good reason to do so. But for me, Dynamite gets it.

Plus they got the ratings win. (Vince fears ratings)

Now, tonight we get to see what Smackdown has to offer. I wasn't overly fond of Raw this week, though it had its moments, but I'm a huge mark for The Rock so seeing him make an appearance will be fun if nothing else.

EDIT: Oh, btw, this should probably be in the general wrestling forum since it's about both WWE AND AEW.

-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 05/October/2019 at 13:40
Bell to bell NXT was the far superior show, the best match of AEW for me was PAC vs Hangman but even that couldn't hold a candle to Riddle vs Cole. 

However AEW was better in terms of production, big show atmosphere and execution of angles and developing storylines. They also had the novelty value with it being their tv show debut. 

Apparently AEW won this week soundly in the ratings but then that had to be expected with it being their first show, even people who prefer NXT will have tuned in out of curiosity, I mean I'm a WWE fan before I'm a AEW fan but I made the effort to watch Dynamite first this week, I think the fact that NXT is available on the WWE Network the next day may play a part as well. 

I give a very slight edge to NXT this week in which show I preferred but that was mostly due to the Cole vs Riddle match, it was extremely close for me.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 07/October/2019 at 13:21
Good idea for a thread that combines the two shows, so we can see where it leads to over time.

AEW winning week 1 wasn't a surprise and should have been expected by every single wrestling fan.

It's a brand new weekly show and AEW have way more mainstream wrestling names to pull in the viewers than NXT does (which E is probably aware of to put Balor there).


-------------


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 07/October/2019 at 16:00
Well after the week has finished, and including Sunday night's PPV results, I'm once again fully vested and more interested in AEW.

Brock vs Velasquez is cool, but not for Crown Jewel while Velasquez still needs surgery and isn't cleared to fight in the UFC as a result. That's just beyond stupid. Why WWE would clear him is a mystery, unless the match is just a tease that will never take place and is just there to set up their wrestlemania match.

In the meantime, AEW is just getting the ball rolling and I'm certain we've a lot of surprises left to see before they're finally going full-steam ahead.

-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 12/October/2019 at 17:17
So I would say AEW was better than NXT this week as the NXT episode was solid with more good wrestling action but it was just lacking something, felt like a bit of a missable episode there was nothing must see, while AEW had some really good moments and a did a decent job of furthering their storylines. 

I will mention though that Smackdown was far and away the best wrestling show this week.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 12/October/2019 at 18:55
I see AEW as what WWE should be. Like, I haven't seen anything cringey or really stupid and bad yet from AEW, and most of all they leave me wanting to see what's next. WWE doesn't do that with me at all anymore.

WWE can be good and sometimes still does do really good stuff on their shows, but it's not consistent and it's usually padded with really bad shit I try to forget immediately or stuff that is just completely unremarkable.

2 episodes in and AEW seems like even it's low points aren't bad. In terms of looking at this like the marathon it is, AEW is off to a great start, but I still feel like there is a lot more to see from them on an upwards trend to being much better.

I don't get that from WWE at all.

-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 13/October/2019 at 09:22
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

I see AEW as what WWE should be. Like, I haven't seen anything cringey or really stupid and bad yet from AEW, and most of all they leave me wanting to see what's next. WWE doesn't do that with me at all anymore.

WWE can be good and sometimes still does do really good stuff on their shows, but it's not consistent and it's usually padded with really bad shit I try to forget immediately or stuff that is just completely unremarkable.

2 episodes in and AEW seems like even it's low points aren't bad. In terms of looking at this like the marathon it is, AEW is off to a great start, but I still feel like there is a lot more to see from them on an upwards trend to being much better.

I don't get that from WWE at all.
 

Yes I agree AEW hasn't done anything really terrible yet that has made me cringe and wonder what on earth the bookers were thinking, while WWE have done that pretty regularly in recent times. However that said AEW have also yet to dazzle me with anything, everything has been solidly done and nothing has been really off putting aside from maybe the Women's division, but the thing with WWE is they still do big angles really well, you sometimes have to filter through a lot of garbage with WWE but the stuff with Wyatt, Velasquez and Tyson Fury is keeping me interested right now and to a lesser extent Lashley and Rusev. 

Like I said earlier I recommend people watch Smackdown this week it was a really good show and very different to anything else WWE have done lately.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 27/October/2019 at 07:26
So this week my order of show quality is as follows: 

1) NXT 
2) Raw 
3) AEW 
4) Smackdown 

I thought Raw was decent this week and continues to show signs of Heyman's fingerprints, what was very clear this week was the Raw product was far edgier than Smackdown who seemed to be going in a more child friendly direction with much of their stuff. 

NXT was great and AEW was fine just felt a bit of a average episode. Smackdown bored me and some of the stuff particularly involving Hogan and co was terrible.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: L-shizzel
Date Posted: 28/October/2019 at 07:06
I'm still reserving judgment on AEW they're doing a good job building up stars I'll give them that but it still needs some work especially it's women's division which definitely needs a boost some females I'd recommend for them would be 

Shazza McKenzie 
Emma when she's finished with impact 
Kaitlyn 
And Australia's Jessica Troy all great talent that can really help the division. 

Nxt is going strong and the extra hour has made it even better because now we are seeing even more stars on the show but it needs to move arenas full sail is great but now is the time to do something more nxt has become as big as the raw and smackdown brands it's time to get them in different arenas so they can show the rest of the country what they can do live.


-------------
Shiz for PB


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 01/November/2019 at 12:13
I think Impact Wrestling need to be thrown into this weekly war mix, I've watched a bit more of their product recently and I've really enjoyed it, they don't have the production of WWE or AEW but they have a good roster a great mix of veterans, younger talent and larger and smaller wrestlers, I've said this before but I actually prefer their roster to AEW's at present and their Womens division is a lot better than AEW.

I laughed when someone on Twitter this past week asked Rob Van Dam why he isn't in AEW and he basically said Impact is a better place to be and dismissed AEW as a bunch of misfits who don't even look like wrestlers.

As things stand you have WWE who are the global juggernaut they've always been and should be the company any young wrestler is aspiring to work for but you also have a lot of WWE haters out there. Then you have AEW who to me are like WCW prior to the launch of Nitro right now but they could build to the point of where they are more at the level of Nitro WCW. Then you have Impact who are definitely the ECW style promotion in this mix.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 01/November/2019 at 14:17
Q3 earnings report is out, and WWE took a very big hit thanks in no small part due to AEW.

AEW was also the ratings leader last week, and I wouldn't expect that to change this week either.

Impact probably SHOULD be included in the discussion, but I haven't liked Impact since the mid-late 2000s. It's still not easily accessible either. Literally the only reason I watch AEW is because it's easy to do so; just as easy as WWE is to watch. I get all my wrestling from free apps and/or subscriptions I'm already using for other programming (like Hulu). To my knowledge, Impact still hasn't gotten big enough to be a part of such ease of access.

I stood up for WWE back in the early 2010s when they were actually getting better, and developing new and interesting talent, and were actually good. Say what you want about Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, but they were extremely good for the company, as were The Shield and the Wyatt Family, throw in early NXT and the rise of the 4 Horsewomen in NXT as well as guys like Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Finn Balor and WWE on the whole was pretty damned good.

Now? That's just not the case. NXT is looking long in the tooth, WWE's main roster is trying to get stuff done, but it's suffering terribly from the last 2 years of intolerable bullshit booking.

AEW might not be especially great yet, but it's just getting started and it's future looks very bright.

People keep saying this is a great time to be a wrestling fan, but I disagree. This is a hopeful time to be a wrestling fan. There is a lot of hope that things can get good, but things still are not good in pro-wrestling if people are expecting a second-coming of the Monday Night Wars era where WWE and WCW were pulling in 8s.

All the companies need to stop rehashing old shit and do something new and good. That's what got people interested 5-6 years ago when CM Punk & Daniel Bryan were making headlines left and right. WWE had this great swell of momentum and they just let it fade. Perhaps if AEW had been around in 2014, CM Punk could have jumped ship and things would have gotten better or at least kept going, but for whatever reason everything died out, and wrestling as a whole still pretty much sucks.

Yes, there's hope, a lot of reasons to hope it will get better now, unlike 2 years ago, but no, it's not good yet. Wrestling is still pretty bad.

-------------


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 01/November/2019 at 18:47
So after watching the latest episode of Dynamite, I gotta say NXT gets the nod this week.

Now that the Saudi crap is over for now, the build for War Games and Survivor Series is looking decent enough. Hopefully WWE doesn't screw shit up too badly.

IMO the only real positive out of Dynamite this week was finishing the tag tournament so I don't have to see so many tag matches every week, and also Jon Moxley is still developing very nicely. I'm still very much able to see him turning to this generation's answer to Stone Cold.

Meanwhile NXT had IMO their best episode of NXT in probably the last couple of years.

By my count that's
NXT: 1
AEW: 4

-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 01/November/2019 at 21:29
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Q3 earnings report is out, and WWE took a very big hit thanks in no small part due to AEW.

AEW was also the ratings leader last week, and I wouldn't expect that to change this week either.

Impact probably SHOULD be included in the discussion, but I haven't liked Impact since the mid-late 2000s. It's still not easily accessible either. Literally the only reason I watch AEW is because it's easy to do so; just as easy as WWE is to watch. I get all my wrestling from free apps and/or subscriptions I'm already using for other programming (like Hulu). To my knowledge, Impact still hasn't gotten big enough to be a part of such ease of access.

I stood up for WWE back in the early 2010s when they were actually getting better, and developing new and interesting talent, and were actually good. Say what you want about Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, but they were extremely good for the company, as were The Shield and the Wyatt Family, throw in early NXT and the rise of the 4 Horsewomen in NXT as well as guys like Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Finn Balor and WWE on the whole was pretty damned good.

Now? That's just not the case. NXT is looking long in the tooth, WWE's main roster is trying to get stuff done, but it's suffering terribly from the last 2 years of intolerable bullshit booking.

AEW might not be especially great yet, but it's just getting started and it's future looks very bright.

People keep saying this is a great time to be a wrestling fan, but I disagree. This is a hopeful time to be a wrestling fan. There is a lot of hope that things can get good, but things still are not good in pro-wrestling if people are expecting a second-coming of the Monday Night Wars era where WWE and WCW were pulling in 8s.

All the companies need to stop rehashing old shit and do something new and good. That's what got people interested 5-6 years ago when CM Punk & Daniel Bryan were making headlines left and right. WWE had this great swell of momentum and they just let it fade. Perhaps if AEW had been around in 2014, CM Punk could have jumped ship and things would have gotten better or at least kept going, but for whatever reason everything died out, and wrestling as a whole still pretty much sucks.

Yes, there's hope, a lot of reasons to hope it will get better now, unlike 2 years ago, but no, it's not good yet. Wrestling is still pretty bad.
 

See I would say Impact has reverted back to what they were prior to the Carters trying to turn them into WCW, they are now more like ECW were as in a smaller promotion doing edgier more risque stuff with a great crop of talent. There will always be a revolving door with talent coming and going as Impact cant complete with WWE, AEW and New Japan when it comes to dollar figures on contracts but right now they are doing a lot of stuff worth watching.
I get what you mean about accessibility though, if it wasnt for the fact AEW airs on ITV a free channel here in the UK I wouldnt be watching them.
Impact is available on the Impact Plus app though which far as I'm aware has Impact episodes available for free.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 02/November/2019 at 13:53
So Smackdown was the clear winner this week, best episode in years. NXT was solid as ever and I enjoyed most of Raw too. AEW produced what was their worst episode to date, ok it's only episode 5 and it wasn't terrible there was just very little that left a lasting impression on me. 

I should mention I also watched some of Impact which was a decent show too. 

My weekly rankings would be: 

1) Smackdown 
2) NXT 
3) Impact 
4) Raw 
5) AEW


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 02/November/2019 at 14:38
To be honest, i agree but i have to give the win to NXT.

The reason Smackdown was so good was because it was effectively an episode of NXT running wild which is what made it what it was.

NXT are the top dogs in wrestling with AEW a way behind.

Raw and Smackdown have got long long ways to go and if it wasnt for some unforeseen travel difficulties, we wouldnt have got the treat that this weeks Smackdown episode was.

Therefore NXT is the clear winner for me


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 02/November/2019 at 17:21
Originally posted by #Heel #Heel wrote:

To be honest, i agree but i have to give the win to NXT.

The reason Smackdown was so good was because it was effectively an episode of NXT running wild which is what made it what it was.

NXT are the top dogs in wrestling with AEW a way behind.

Raw and Smackdown have got long long ways to go and if it wasnt for some unforeseen travel difficulties, we wouldnt have got the treat that this weeks Smackdown episode was.

Therefore NXT is the clear winner for me
 

True but NXT did get a helping hand from a small selection of the Smackdown roster, they were very fortunate Daniel Bryan opted out of the Saudi trip as it gave us that killer main event.

Reports have said this show was produced by Vince and Triple H, that's a encouraging sign if Vince can book a show like that with a bit of input from a younger more in touch with current wrestling mind.

The thing is even if NXT were to feature like this regularly the novelty and fresh and exciting buzz would dwindle, this show was great because it was different, it wasnt the same old formulaic WWE product. I actually think its vital that NXT remain separated from the main roster as much as possible otherwise they will just become absorbed into Vinces vision of WWE.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 13/November/2019 at 07:39
So I've switched back to my YouTube highlights format of watching Raw and Smackdown, unless it's a particularly good episode like the NXT themed SD recently this is the way I will watch moving forward as there is simply too much wrestling in a week especially when there is a PPV event as well.

I'm watching NXT in full still and Dynamite and I'm watching Impact most weeks now too, these shows dont have the formulaic scripted feel of WWE and are more the kind of wrestling product I enjoy, I just wish AEW would get some talent on their roster I really care about, if they sign Ryback which is heavily rumoured to have happened that will be a big boost for me because as things stand only really Moxley, Omega, Jericho, Cody and Pac have my interest.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 13/November/2019 at 14:37
Well it'll be interesting to see what CM Punk really does now that he's back on WWE programming. If he's just a FOX analyst that's one thing. He's known as the voice of the voiceless for a reason, and WWE would do well to listen to what he has to say. If bridges get repaired between Punk and Vince/HHH and Punk returns to wrestling then WWE is going to get a distinct advantage in their programming.

What's more is that Punk being even this closely tied to WWE means that WWE are trying to improve.

Personally I'd rather see Punk with AEW, but regardless Punk being back on TV is huge news and that he's tied to WWE means a big momentum boost for WWE.

-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 17/November/2019 at 09:49
So this week my rankings go -

1) Dynamite
2) NXT
3) Smackdown
4) Raw

Smackdown just edges Raw in my rankings simply because Raw didn't do anything that left a lasting impression on me, I can barely remember a thing that happened, Smackdown did have the Bryan/Wyatt segments which I enjoyed but little else caught my attention.

NXT was solid as ever but Dynamite was excellent this week and the clear winner.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 17/November/2019 at 18:30
I've got Dynamite edging it again this week.

NXT was awesome and I also agree SD is higher than raw but again my reason is due to NXT involvement.

Not gna lie - WWE is in a bad place BUT NXT is in a really great place and that's why I'm looking forward to Survivor Series so much 


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 17/November/2019 at 22:49
I was optimistic WWE was starting to improve and when it was announced Bischoff and Heyman would be executive producers I thought things were finally looking up.
Smackdown however despite the talk of Fox wanting a more serious sports orientated product has not changed at all, it's the same predictable cartoonish shit that has Vince stamped all over it. Even Lesnar was only there for a cup of coffee. The only thing that interests me on Smackdown right now is The Fiend.
Raw is trying to be better but it almost feels like too little too late, Seth Rollins is damaged and while I have found some of the Rusev/Lashley angle entertaining it's not trashy stuff like that which will turn things around.

I'm looking forward to Survivor Series because it heavily involves NXT which is the best WWE brand by a long way and it'll be interesting to see how they mix it up with Raw and Smackdown. Plus the main roster matches are the two gems amongst the current sea of garbage in Mysterio vs Lesnar and Wyatt vs Bryan, currently the two highlights of Raw and Smackdown.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 21/November/2019 at 20:48
I dont even care what the ratings are this week - i know what i saw with my own eyes

NXT absolutely destroyed AEW in every sense of the word this week.

What a fucking show

Can't wait for WarGames and then Survivor Series. I hope we get more build during the WarGames event. This has the potential to be the best weekend of WWE wrestling that weve had for years.

NXT is awesome


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 22/November/2019 at 07:19
So NXT narrowly beat AEW in the ratings this week giving NXT what I think is their first Wednesday War victory.

It's interesting that it took a lot of main roster talent on the episode plus it's the Survivor Series and War Games go home show in order to just scrape a few more viewers than AEW Dynamite. I've not watched either show yet so cant comment on the quality.

People have said from the start please keep main roster talent away from NXT but this has proved that they do make a difference so dont be surprised to see Raw and Smackdown guys become more of a regular occurrence in NXT.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 22/November/2019 at 08:21
It made a difference because they are competing at Survivor Series - no other reason.

If they started to appear every week or more regularly without this aspect of competition I dont see it making any difference at all to the ratings.


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 22/November/2019 at 14:23
It was the senior citizens that took NXT over the bar that is AEW. AEW won every single other demographic. But people 50+ made up the difference.

-------------


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 22/November/2019 at 18:00
People can analyse it as much as they want, at the end of the day, NXT deservedly took it this week.

It was by far the better show and people also need to realise, the hype going into SS (and there is alot of it compared to standard wwe ppvs) is all down to NXT.

TakeOver followed by SS - this weekend is going to be some statement by NXT that I'm not sure AEW will be able to respond to 


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 28/November/2019 at 20:43
Again this week, my eyes saw what they saw and it was NXT continuing to do what they did at Survivor Series and that was dominate!!!

-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 30/November/2019 at 13:37
NXT was the better show this week again definitely, if I'm honest I enjoyed Raw more than Dynamite this week too. 
AEW seem to have hit a little bit of a low point these past two weeks, nothing dreadful but nothing that great either, would also say the new shine has faded a bit on their product now. 

I know I keep saying this but AEW need to recruit, they don't seem to be making efforts to boost their roster, I keep hearing that top free agent talents are signing long-term deals with MLW and Impact, why are they not signing with AEW? It says to me that they are not even trying. 

AEW have announced they will only run 4 PPV events per year, people are complaining and in this era it does seem very few but as long as they supplement these events with special edition perhaps extended to 3 hour episodes of Dynamite through the year then I'm really ok with it. There is too much wrestling right now so one company deciding not to do monthly shows is ok in my book, plus I'm not prepared to pay PPV prices for AEW events.


-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 04/December/2019 at 13:37
Already it's looking sadly like there is no war with AEW down into the 600s from the 1.4 million it started with after less than three months.

NXT beat them easy again last week and when the ratings from last night come out later today, it could be a bloodbath.

E announce the John Morrison signing and AEW release a petty video having digs at NXT when the ratings don't lie.

It was suppose to be a fresh alternative yet it's got Tony Shiavone at 62 who's prime was around 25 years ago on commentary with Jim Ross who's 67 and had his prime around two decades ago.

The tag team champions are someone sacked from E for being homophobic and a fella who's prime was about a decade ago in the last promotion that failed to beat Vince Mcmahon.

The main face of this young, fresh and alternative company to get in younger viewers is a 49 year old who's a future hall of fame guy for the competition.


-------------


Posted By: Wrestling-Opinions
Date Posted: 04/December/2019 at 14:14
The whole AEW add released this morning is sad and petty, it shows just how exactly they want to lead there company going forward.

WCW did this and look how they ended up. 

I do have know though to expect Morrison on Wednesdays going forward to help with this so called "war".

And with Punk 100% coming back to Wrestling the news from Wwe atm is that he will also be on NXT for a bit to help win this stupid war.

All I have to say is Good Luck AEW but when you start to loose more and more because of the way the company is being run then please don't go crying to people. 


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 05/December/2019 at 06:00
They followed up that lame advert by recreating the Britt Baker in the crowd moment.

The commentator even said "Theres Adam Coles girlfriend"

Its getting a bit ridiculous now if I'm honest with you 


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 06/December/2019 at 07:27
Seems AEW are getting desperate now taking constant childish pot shots at WWE, all because NXT now has two wins in the ratings.

AEW at this stage are no different to TNA in their early years, they were trying to compete with WWE and were always taking shots at them. In honesty the product is no better than TNA either, if anything TNA was better they had a stronger roster at least.

If I'm honest AEW is fast losing my interest, its coming across as a bunch of wrestlers who just thought it would be fun to start their own group but dont really have a clue what they are doing, Omega and the Bucks mostly come across like nerdy college frat boys thinking they are cool when they are far from it.

The most entertaining guys in AEW are a 49 year old veteran who made his name in WWE and another guy also mostly know for his time in the E. Almost everybody else outside of the Elite boys look like indie misfits.

Some serious change needs to happen, I've said this before but I think the future for AEW is to work with some of the other groups like Impact or NWA or MLW or maybe even cross promote with NJPW, that way they can have a deeper and more diverse roster and promote bigger dream matches.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 08/December/2019 at 11:09
So the ratings were almost even this week with AEW taking a extremely narrow win with about 5'000 extra viewers I think, but then you have to consider the number of people that wait to watch NXT the following day on the Network, I reckon that number is fairly substantial so you could argue when its that close NXT are really the winners.

NXT for me is the far better product and the best wrestling show there is right now.
On a side note I've been enjoying Raw a lot more lately and I've enjoyed the red brand show more than I have AEW a lot of the time, Raw seems to be more edgy and they are working to develop new top stars, plus you can just see less of Vince's fingerprints all over it.
Smackdown by contrast is awful, its Vince and Prichard through and through, or rather its Vince and Prichard doesn't have the balls to tell him how terrible it is and just smiles and tells him its great through gritted teeth.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 10/December/2019 at 10:39
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

So the ratings were almost even this week with AEW taking a extremely narrow win with about 5'000 extra viewers I think, but then you have to consider the number of people that wait to watch NXT the following day on the Network, I reckon that number is fairly substantial so you could argue when its that close NXT are really the winners.

NXT for me is the far better product and the best wrestling show there is right now.
On a side note I've been enjoying Raw a lot more lately and I've enjoyed the red brand show more than I have AEW a lot of the time, Raw seems to be more edgy and they are working to develop new top stars, plus you can just see less of Vince's fingerprints all over it.
Smackdown by contrast is awful, its Vince and Prichard through and through, or rather its Vince and Prichard doesn't have the balls to tell him how terrible it is and just smiles and tells him its great through gritted teeth.

I caught a bit of the Jericho segment on AEW whilst channel surfing and thought it was awful. So this fresh young new company that's trying to bring back lapsed fans to the business with their 49 year old champion doing his old E list gimmick with a slight tweak of it being French. You had his lackey in the background one of the most bombed E champions of all time doing nothing. Then out comes a grown man with tattoos wearing a mask, a little guy who looks like he's still in high school and some other fella. All this whilst the camera angles were making it obvious to everyone that the entire top tier of the arena was empty.


-------------


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 20/December/2019 at 08:00
NXT have absolutely pasted AEW in the ratings this week which is good to see

Looks like the party is over 


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 20/December/2019 at 12:07
It's because NXT is better, right now as far as I'm concerned NXT is the best wrestling product there is.
AEW took a few wins in the ratings due to being the new kid on the block and the curiosity factor, but now the new shine has faded and moving forward unless AEW seriously raise their game I think NXT will be winning the Wednesday night war and deservedly so.

AEW have had some high points sure but they have not been the ground breaking alternative to WWE that fans were clamouring for. I know AEW marks would scream at that comment saying its early days give them a chance well I say it's all about first impressions and setting the standard and if AEW weren't prepared to offer that refreshing alternative from day one they should have waited until they were.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 21/December/2019 at 10:15
Has anyone seen that clip of the guy from dark order "punching" during the brawl last episode?

If not, find it, alot of wwe superstars have commented on it - the punches are so fake its embarrassing and it's in clear view of the TV camera who dont do anything to help the situation 


-------------
https://ibb.co/GvvN0D0" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 22/December/2019 at 07:17
Originally posted by #Heel #Heel wrote:

Has anyone seen that clip of the guy from dark order "punching" during the brawl last episode?

If not, find it, alot of wwe superstars have commented on it - the punches are so fake its embarrassing and it's in clear view of the TV camera who dont do anything to help the situationĀ 


Yeah saw it, the punches were horribly fake looking but I do feel too big a deal is being made out of it, I probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out as it was in the middle of a clusterfuck of wrestlers, but at the same time the criticism is justified as the punches were awful and the guy should have been aware of the camera position.

-------------
https://imgbb.com/" rel="nofollow">



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net