TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > WWE Raw
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Samoa Joe On Raw
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samoa Joe On Raw

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message
#Heel View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (VII, VIII, & XIII)

Joined: 03/January/2012
Location: Newcastle, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 11519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2018 at 19:49
Originally posted by Baz Baz wrote:

Any chance this is a work???

Timing and all that...taking him out of the stupid Facebook only thing, and keeps him fresh for a Rumble return?


Nah I think it’s legit

He didn’t even look remotely injured on Raw and if it was storyline they’d have mentioned it at least 30 times with about 300 potential implications
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 47268
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2018 at 14:45
Originally posted by #Heel #Heel wrote:

Originally posted by Baz Baz wrote:

Any chance this is a work???

Timing and all that...taking him out of the stupid Facebook only thing, and keeps him fresh for a Rumble return?


Nah I think it’s legit

He didn’t even look remotely injured on Raw and if it was storyline they’d have mentioned it at least 30 times with about 300 potential implications
 
Hope he's not going to be out an extended period of time. He's already had a fair few months off due to injury from the E busy schedule that can't help a guy of his physique and shape.
 
Quote Samoa Joe vs. Rhyno: Slater is at ringside in Rhyno's corner. Joe controls the opening moments of this one. He hits an inverted atomic drop and a senton for a two count. Joe keeps control as Slater cheers on Rhyno. Rhyno tries to mount a comeback, but Joe locks in the Coquina Clutch for the quick win.

Winner: Samoa Joe

- After the match, Joe stares down Slater, then Charly Caruso comes in the ring to interview Joe. He says he's beaten years off of Reign's career each time they stepped in the ring. Joe says everything is coming crashing down on Reigns, and Joe is going to finish the job. He says until then, he's focused on winning the Royal Rumble, and says he plans to eliminate John Cena first.

I wonder if he will be facing Cena at Wrestlemania. He's not the so called big name being rumoured for Cena, but if not why single him out?
 
Whichever way they go with him, I hope he's given a meaningful match and not chucked in the ATGMBR annual clusterfuck for guys creative don't know how to book.
Back to Top
205 Clive View Drop Down
OVW
OVW
Avatar

Joined: 28/December/2017
Location: Glasgow
Status: Offline
Points: 82
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 205 Clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2018 at 17:20
I really hope it is a work. Sadly we've not really had an "injury is a work" thing for a while. They wouldn't tease a program with Cena (which is a match worthy of Mania) then do this. Here's hoping though.
Follow me @rickyandclive on Twitter and Facebook

Check out "The Ricky & Clive Wrestling Show" on the Social Suplex Podcast Network

socialsuplexwrestling.podbean.com

socialsuplex.com
Back to Top
Fletch View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Joined: 06/January/2006
Location: Portsmouth UK
Status: Offline
Points: 17057
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2018 at 10:28
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Quote Samoa Joe vs. Rhyno: Slater is at ringside in Rhyno's corner. Joe controls the opening moments of this one. He hits an inverted atomic drop and a senton for a two count. Joe keeps control as Slater cheers on Rhyno. Rhyno tries to mount a comeback, but Joe locks in the Coquina Clutch for the quick win.

Winner: Samoa Joe


- After the match, Joe stares down Slater, then Charly Caruso comes in the ring to interview Joe. He says he's beaten years off of Reign's career each time they stepped in the ring. Joe says everything is coming crashing down on Reigns, and Joe is going to finish the job. He says until then, he's focused on winning the Royal Rumble, and says he plans to eliminate John Cena first.



I wonder if he will be facing Cena at Wrestlemania. He's not the so called big name being rumoured for Cena, but if not why single him out?

 

Whichever way they go with him, I hope he's given a meaningful match and not chucked in the ATGMBR annual clusterfuck for guys creative don't know how to book.


Sadly my gut feeling is Joe has been selected to be fed to Cena in a pre-Wrestlemania feud to build Cena up strong ready for his major Wrestlemania match which is expected to be against The Undertaker.
This is bad news as Samoa Joe has lost momentum lately, he started 2017 with plenty of strong wins and was over strong but he has always lost when it comes to the big occasion like his match with Lesnar and last week against Reigns. His reaction from the crowd seemed a bit subdued this week too probably because they've realised he will always lose the big matches in his current role.

I've said it before capitalise on his popularity and book him as a bad ass babyface. Sadly I can see him attending Wrestlemania this year as part of the pre-show in The Andre the Giant Battle Royal at this rate, unless they have him challenge for the Intercontinental title which I expect The Miz to win back soon.
Back to Top
Tom Colohue View Drop Down
Raw/Smackdown
Raw/Smackdown


Joined: 24/November/2017
Location: Blackpool, Eng
Status: Offline
Points: 606
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Colohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2018 at 13:23
I'd expect Joe to be the one who takes the UV title from Reigns. That would be a big deal that he's currently just in his holding pen for.
Tom Colohue - Wrestling Journalist (PWTorch)
Follow me @Colohue
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 7020
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2018 at 18:12
Originally posted by Tom Colohue Tom Colohue wrote:

I'd expect Joe to be the one who takes the UV title from Reigns. That would be a big deal that he's currently just in his holding pen for.

I would love that. It's about time Joe had a singles Title in WWE; and I like the Joe vs Reigns rivalry. 

Back to Top
L-shizzel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Avatar

Joined: 19/May/2009
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 3851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L-shizzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2018 at 10:36
I think its a work, they'll take him off for a couple of weeks before he comes back for the royal rumble he has time to sell the injury. 

Lets face facts he wouldn't be suitable as a partner for Bayley for the mixed tag challenge 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.